The life of a web request - techniques for measuring and improving Django application performance
The connection between sub-second web application performance and revenue is becoming more and more apparent with established companies regularly reporting the benefits of reducing page load times.
This talk will cover:
* Designing for performance
* Approaches to instrumenting and measuring application performance
* Areas of focus for both front-end and back-end improvement
* Techniques, tools and modules available in Django-land for improving performance
* New and emerging technologies, for example SPDY protocol and Django 1.5's StreamingHttpResponse
Roger is an experienced cross-functional software developer specialising in web application development and deployment across the entire application lifecycle.
He has run a web development business, been a key driver of internal enterprise deployments at a large enterprise software vendor, cofounded a tech startup in the travel industry and is currently doing Python-specific contract work.
A keen and constant learner, Roger has contributed to open source projects and communities as a user, advocate and speaker.