Build your infrastructure - with Python!
Cloud computing is changing the way that businesses think about their computing requirements. Instead of ordering hardware, waiting for delivery, allocating space in a data center, installing and wiring it up, and then configuring each piece of the system, you can now do the equivalent with a few clicks on a control panel, but that gets tedious. What's much more interesting is to do all of this programmatically, using our favorite language: Python!
This session will deep-dive into this topic by using pyrax, the Python SDK for the OpenStack and Rackspace Clouds. It will cover the following:
• Getting your cloud account and credentials
• Installing pyrax
• Creating servers
• Saving a customized server as a template image
• Creating more servers on demand from your template images.
• Creating, attaching, and imaging Block Storage volumes.
• Using private networks to create a bastion host setup
• Managing these servers with a Load Balancer
• Creating and managing Cloud Databases
• Using pyrax to manage your DNS
• Object storage and management using pyrax
Ed has been a developer for over 20 years, and is one of the original developers involved with OpenStack. After leaving the Microsoft world over a decade ago he has been primarily a Python developer, and has spoken as several US PyCons. His main focus has been with Free and Open software. He has been working with Rackspace for the past 5 years. He also throws a mean Frisbee. Connect with Ed on G+: +EdLeafe, and on Twitter: @Edleafe